How to dress like a Gent for your wedding
The ‘big’ day – for us men, it’s the one time we are pretty happy to go along with whatever the woman wants. Here’s some tips on how to dress for the occasion and make it special for you too:
1. Don’t wear the same suit as your groomsmen. Just as your girl wants to stand out in her dress, so should you. Try and differentiate yourself from your wedding party. Wear a contrasting colour suit and tie to the rest of the group so it’s clear who the groom is over the best man.
2. Compliment your bride. Have you ever seen a couple and thought they are made for each other? They both have the same quirky style. If your bride is going a bit alternative with her dress choice don’t be scared to pick a bold check. Just because it’s your wedding day doesn’t mean you need to go all traditional. Your normal style should still shine through. I made a suit for a friend who married a stylist and he made sure he looked just as fashionable on the day!
Grace Woodward and Ken Drewery wedding
3. Don’t be scared of patterns. Too often I see solid block colours chosen for suits, ties and pocket squares. Just because there’s a theme doesn’t mean you can’t make it a bit more interesting with your material choices and still blend in with the décor.
4. Classic style never dates. If you’re really indecisive then keep it classic. The Carey Grant look will still be great when you view the pictures in 20 years time. Not everyone feels comfortable dressing ‘different’ so do your best to look well groomed and sharp.
4. Make the effort. It’s a one off day so get your hair cut and have a facial if necessary. Try to really look your best. Don’t let your bride down!